Balloon Sinuplasty™ technology is an FDA-approved endoscopic, catheter-based procedure for opening inflamed sinuses. A small, flexible sinus balloon catheter is used to open up blocked sinus passageways to restore normal sinus function. When the balloon is slowly inflated, it gently restructures and widens the walls of the passageway while maintaining the integrity of the sinus lining.
The goal of sinus surgery is to open the sinuses so they can function normally, while preserving natural human anatomy. With Balloon Sinuplasty technology, the ENT surgeons (Ear, Nose, and Throat) at La Peer’s Sinus Surgery Center for Excellence in Beverly Hills are able to accomplish this goal.
Request your consultation today.
Call us at 888.762.8408 to schedule an appointment or:
What Are the Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty?
1. The procedure is minimally invasive. The use of tiny, soft, and flexible devices allow for entrance entirely through the nostrils. It gently opens blocked sinus openings and, in many cases, does not require tissue removal or bone removal to achieve lasting results.
2. It’s also safe and effective. While any surgical procedure involves some risk, clinical studies have indicated the Balloon Sinuplasty system to be safe and effective in relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis.
3. There is reduced bleeding when compared to similar procedures. There may be reduced bleeding associated with the procedure in the many instances where tissue and bone do not need to be removed.
4. Recovery times are quicker. While recovery time will vary from patient to patient, many can return to normal activities within 24 hours following surgery.
5. Your treatment options aren’t limited.Due to the non-invasive tools, Balloon Sinuplasty may be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques. It does not limit treatment options for patients in the future, if they have a progressive disease.
6. It can be performed inside the doctor’s office or an outpatient surgery center. Baloon Sinuplasty can be performed very easily inside the doctor’s office or as an outpatient procedure at La Peer Surgical Center.
Is Balloon Sinuplasty Right for You?
Chronic sinusitis treatments aim to lower or eliminate the symptoms caused by inflamed or blocked sinuses. Sinusitis symptoms may include:
- Facial pain or fullness
- Sinus pressure or congestion
- Nasal obstruction or blockage
- Discharge of discolored mucus from the nose
- Sore throat from nasal discharge
- Difficulty breathing
- Discolored (yellow or green) nasal drainage
- Sinus headaches
- Loss of smell or taste
- Tooth pain
- Bad breath
If you suffer from chronic sinusitis, and previous medical therapy has not been effective in relieving your symptoms, you may be a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty. Our specialists are qualified to diagnose chronic sinusitis and determine which sinus treatment option is the best fit for you.
What Types of Doctors Treat Sinusitis?
If you have chronic sinusitis or do not respond to other medical treatments, you might be referred to an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist (ENT) also known as an otolaryngologist. Our ENTs are highly trained and very qualified, having performing many routine and cutting-edge surgeries.
The Sinus Surgery Center of Excellence is a leader in sinus research. We possess the very latest in image-guided systems for endoscopic sinus surgery procedures to make our surgical treatments all the more safe for the patient. Our entire staff is dedicated to improving patient care. To find out more, contact our otolaryngologists today. You can reach us by phone at (888) 762-8408 or by filling our online contact form.
Use our Free Insurance Verification form today!
Next, learn about Septal Surgery.